Friday 20 March 2015

Thank you for following our baby led weaning journey

Wow!

I have over 100 followers on my Instagram account, that is amazing to think that so many people have decided to follow me to see what I am feeding Austin.

I hope I have been able to provide some inspiration to other parents out there, whether they are just starting on their weaning journey or looking for new ideas.

Why did I choose baby led weaning?

I had never heard of it before I was pregnant, and when you are pregnant you receive a tonne of 'helpful' advice and tips from other mums...

Well, a woman at work, told me to read up on BLW & Gill Rapley, I started reading her book whilst I was pregnant, but it seemed almost 'too soon' to be reading up on how to feed my baby when he wasn't even born yet.

I kept scanning it, putting off properly reading it. But one thing that stuck with me was that a baby should be fed only milk for the first six months of their life, something that is echoed on NHS websites etc, so imagine my surprise when people started suggesting I give my son baby rice when he was 4 months old.

Time to properly read the book, and it made so much sense! When I looked at my new baby son, he was so independent and so eager to learn, I knew that he would want to master a new skill, to feed himself.

He was so eager to take toys to his mouth exploring them, that I started giving him food about 5 and a half months, he didn't eat anything for about a month but he was learning to handle new shapes and textures that toys didn't give him.

I am amazed at how brilliantly he has taken to eating, and that is what inspired me to start documenting his journey, thank you for joining us on our journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment