Friday 27 March 2015

Crying & Steps!


The day started with a trip to Mothercare, the pram has broken, I haven’t even been using it for a year yet, but I’ve certainly put it through its paces, crossing my fingers for a brand new one.

I have bought a nice new one anyway – that I love! Its a dream, so I could do with getting some money back on the broken one to cover the cost of the new one...

Then to the supermarket, which is just a pain some days, since hubby works there, is takes forever to get round if Austin is awake, with everyone cooing over him, which normally I love, but he needed a nap and was getting cranky.

Since we were all home together, the plan for today was to go to a play centre, hubby has never seen Austin with other children and I wanted him to see how amazingly Austin does in the play gyms, and with other children, plus the food is delicious!

So off we all trotted, it was a nice day and as little man hadn’t napped, he could sleep on the walk.

We got there and it was surprisingly quiet, I was so excited for us all to get in there!

Even though it was so quiet, a boy still managed to fall into Austin – crying, take 1.

He then slipped trying to climb up the slide, bit his lip, blood – crying, part 2.

I put him in the ball pool, the safe place, no ‘big kids’ allowed, but, a girl, decided to do a high dive into the pool, yep landed on Austin – crying, part 3

I found out a lot of info about this girl, she was 4 and liked Frozen; she was waiting for her friend to arrive. She took a shine to hubby, not to me and not to Austin once she found out he was a boy!  

It all just seemed too much today, not the glorious picture I usually paint it to be, so we decided to leave, at which point Austin was sick, and yep you guessed it, cried some more.

He fell asleep on the walk home, poor little sausage; it must have been a bit much for him.

But it really has been such a beautiful day; we took some toys and play mats to the garden to play in the sun.

Oh, so I haven’t mentioned it yet, I suppose I should – he walked yesterday, actual unaided steps, purposeful steps towards me. Amazing spontaneous steps, he got up let go and walked right to me. I was so proud I could have cried! I tried to capture it on video but I couldn’t on my own, I got some shaky footage that I forwarded to hubby, but he wanted to see it for himself.

So treating Austin like he is a performing monkey, we have tried to get him to walk all day. He is having none of it!? I’ve put it down to him having a difficult day in the play centre.

But after tea, after his bath, in his PJs we were playing in the kitchen, and he walked from daddy to me, from me to daddy, it was so amazing, like I was seeing it again for the first time. I am so proud of him.

What an amazing early birthday present, taking his first steps a week before his birthday. Well done my little man.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment