Saturday 7 March 2015

Family day

Finally, a family day! :)

I shouldn't complain, as 'family days' go, we don't do too bad, but since I have returned to work they are becoming quite rare...

Today, I got a special treat, a lie in! (yay!) But don't be fooling yourself that I have a totally amazing husband, (I do as it goes) but this was part generosity, part guilt as he is off out tomorrow night straight after work.  

By the time I had woken, daddy & Austin had already had brekki (and not taken any pics!?) of scrambled eggs and banana. I am told that Austin loved it!

I had grand plans for today, the first glorious day of the year, so a picnic was prepared! But after receiving the highest gas and electric bill todate, I decided, first things first - washing on the line. It really is crazy how much joy I get from seeing the bottom of the empty washing basket and seeing all Austin's not so little clothes hanging on the line blowing in the breeze.

Time was soon ticking on and actually probably a tad too chilly to actually eat outside so a glorious picnic at the dinner table was planned.

We dined like kings!

Cheese and Lentil wedge
Scotch pancakes cooked in coconut oil with avacado
Mini pizza on half a tea cake with cherry tomatoes
Apple and Cinnamon pin wheel



We walked along the canal, to the park, around the park and bumped into one of our little baby friends out for the day with her daddy (being chatted up by some old dears!). Austin fell asleep so no swing action for him, then back home for us.

It was Austin great nans birthday yesterday, so quick visit to nans and back home for fajita fun times, with homemade guacamole - I can't believe how much Austin loves avacado, I'm not keen, neither is hubby...

All the fresh air has knocked the bubs out today, so early night for him and film night for me and daddy, although I'm half watching while typing. RED2 is on, its ok, not as good as the first.

Fingers crossed for another nice day tomorrow so we can go to the park and maybe get on a swing!

Over and out - Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment