Tuesday 10 March 2015

Surprises, Celebs and Bananas


What a lovely surprise!

I came out of a meeting today, to a message that I had missed a call... I knew instantly that it must have been the hubby :)

Excited and nervously I called back wondering if all was ok. It was, but even better, he was in town!

My hubby & little bear had popped into town to do a bit of shopping (about time since Mothers Day is this Sunday! My first I might add!)

A surprise lunch date with my two favourite people in the whole world.

Where else would we go, but for a trusty burger.

A packed lunch was provided for Austin so he could still have something healthy and baby friendly - Avacado on toasted bread and a Clementine, which he devoured. He then started eyeing up my sweet potato fries with such lust in his eyes, pointing "more! more!"

Who am I to deprive my son of a sweet potato fry or two, or three... heck we practically shared them!

Just when I thought the day could not get any better... Karl Pilkington! walked in! Well it wasn't him, I don't think, but man! He was the best doppelganger I have ever seen. I felt a little star struck to be quite honest.

I wanted to get a picture but he must get it all the time, so I just tried to enjoy my food and not stare. It was hard. I did stare.

I didn't want to go back to work after our lunch, but I had to, but it was so easy to do knowing I had had such an amazing time and knowing that we would all be back together again soon.

I was so full after my lunch that I couldn't face any tea, so Austin had an aubergine, mushroom and cheese omelette finished off with a banana and blueberry smoothie ice pop.

While we're on the subject of 'banana' I might add, that Austin is currently on banana strike! Strike imposed by me, not him, he loves them and can actually say banana; he would eat them all day if he could. Well yesterday he did...

Daddy gave him a banana for breakfast

Granny gave him a banana for dinner

Mummy gave him a banana for tea!

Daddy didn't tell Granny and Granny didn't tell Mummy until it was too late and Mummy told Daddy when he got in and found out he had given him a banana at breakfast!

So naturally, I went to Google: "can I my son have too many bananas?" Google provided the obligatory scare stories 'potassium poisoning in the elderly' 'constipated babies.'

So I have now decided that I need a 'Yumbox' and that he needs a break from banana.

No comments:

Post a Comment