Sunday 12 April 2015

Silence is golden


Silence is golden, or is it?

So hubby is away on a (long!) stag weekend in Prague, I’m trying not to look at the pictures that are appearing on Instagram and Facebook, they’re not bad, if that’s what you’re thinking! I just want him to tell me about it (if he wants to) when he gets here, without me saying “yeah I saw that...”

I have major night out envy; luckily my dolls came to the rescue and suggested tapas and drinks. Perfect.

I now love tapas, being the picky eater that I once was, I remember the first time I went for tapas, with my narrow mind, thinking it was just olives and paella (which I also thought I didn’t like!) so I thought I wouldn’t enjoy it. How wrong was I!? It is delicious and the perfect way to try new foods, lots of little portions to share, so much fun! Before Austin was born we went for every family birthday, whenever we had a free night... the staff started to recognise us! I have missed going there.

Last night the sangria was flowing, the conversation was ridiculous with much laughter, until the waitress tried to take my food away when I hadn’t finished! I almost bit her hand off telling her no. ‘Joey doesn’t share food’ springs to mind!

To the next venue for more drinks, we had to get a taxi, someone (not me!) had ridiculous shoes on, which meant we couldn’t walk the 10 minute journey...

It was such a wonderful night, almost like we were abroad, sipping prosecco and gossiping about anything and everything.

Like all good things, the night came to an end.

I quickly logged into Facebook when I got in, and even more exciting news, the sneak peak pictures of Austin’s cake smash photo shoot had gone live! They are gorgeous, just absolutely perfect. I cannot wait for the full set of pictures and to start filling my house with them.

To bed, ready for the most epic lie in. This didn’t happen. Who wakes up at 7:15 when there is no baby waking you, me, that’s who!

The house is silent.

There is no baby babbling, playing, and being a mischief.

The house is silent.

There is no hubby.

I don’t like it; I don’t know what to do with myself.

Normally Richard and I go out together so he is normally here if Austin sleeps out.

I don’t remember what I used to do with myself before Austin was born, I probably slept, because I could and my body wasn’t conditioned to get up at ridiculous o’clock.

So far I have watched E! News, had a boiled water with lemon, had a bowl of cereal, now I’m flicking through the sky planner, counting down the hours until I get my baby back. I should probably do something more productive.

Well I’ve at least wrote this.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment