Wednesday 8 July 2015

Our first family holiday


I ummed and ahhed about booking a holiday for a while, we had not been in years, I wasn’t sure I could manage another year without a break away...

 

I researched and researched, somewhere close, short flight, somewhere familiar, somewhere safe.

 

We decided on Palma Nova, Richard and I have been there plenty of times, well more Magaluf, but those days are gone! So Palma Nova it was. Short flight – check! Somewhere familiar – check!

 

I found a beautiful family friendly hotel which was close to the beach. It had extras; free passes to the Katmandu Hotel & theme park – sold!

 

We flew out the day after Richards 30th Birthday Party; thank goodness I got us an afternoon flight!

 

Austin was a dream for the take-off, he had a nap as soon as we got on the plane, woke up half way through just in time for some food. He needed a nappy change – absolute nightmare, there just is not enough room in there!

 

The decent was not so dreamy, and he started crying, holding his ears and crying, I wanted to cry my poor little baby was in pain, he wouldn’t take any snacks or drink his water to help himself. He calmed down as soon as we landed and he saw the trucks and buses!

 

We went to baggage claim and waited over an hour for all our bags and his pram, Austin wasn’t phased, he was just enjoying running around the airport in the new surroundings.

 

We had a bit of a drama checking in and searching for a shop open at midnight to get Austin some milk, in the end I took him to the bar to fill his milk up, then straight to bed ready to start our holiday!

 

I absolutely love that we have done BLW with Austin; it made eating with him on holiday so easy and stress free.

 

We went for breakfast our first morning, getting fry ups and fruit and yogurt for us all to share, ready to head to the beach.

 

Oh did I mention that it had been a heat wave! Like a paranoid lunatic mum I spent the majority of my time chasing after him with the factor 50+ and putting him in the shade or the beach tent!

 

We had so much fun playing on the beach and lost track of time (mummy burnt too busy worrying over Austin!) So quick showers all round and out for tea.

 

Our first night we went to a beach BBQ restaurant, daddy ordered steak (too rare to share) I order chicken kebab skewers with veg and rice, and garlic bread (which features a lot on our holiday!)

 

Austin was restless, it was too late for him, and so we ate and took him back to the room for him to sleep. Mummy and daddy chatted on the balcony with a few beers/ ciders / wine.

 

The next day we had breakfast in the room, I took my ‘Organix cereals’ and we had fruit and toast and headed to Marine land to see dolphins and sea lions. It was an amazing day; I was kissed by a sea lion! Austin loved the dolphin show clapping and dancing along.

 

Other activities included; the Katmandu house, which he loved, pressing all the buttons, we took him again later on in the holiday to the soft play centre – it was 42degrees, he needed somewhere cool and shaded to play and run.

 

Pirates family show – amazing as always, this was more for us, Austin got fed up by the second half, but I let him have some ice cream so this certainly cheered him up!

 

We had a pool day, letting him float in his new rubber ring, more beach days, including mummy being stung by a jelly fish, having a giant nose bleed.

 

It was a great time, some stressful times, but mostly amazing and fabulous memories made which will last forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment