Saturday 2 May 2015

Bottle feeding


Bottle feeding mamas – I need your help!

As Austin is now over 12 months, I wanted to start the transition from bottles to sippy cups for his milk. He is fine drinking water out sippy cup / sports bottle.

He has been to the health visitor for his 12 month review and booster jabs and she mentioned that he needs to be off bottles as they are so bad for his teeth (which I knew anyway!) but said we probably won’t be able to get him off bed bottle...

He has 2 bottles of milk a day, one at 7am when he wakes up and one at 7pm just before bed.

This week I have started giving him his milk in a sippy cup (tommy tipee 4+months cup) but he is just not interested in drinking milk from it, he would rather paint my floor with the milk instead.

I have tried him in the Nuby sports bottle, but he just doesn’t seem interested in it unless it’s in a bottle!

I have resorted to feeding him his milk in his sippy cup so he can’t throw it everywhere, but I never wanted this kind of relationship with food or drink with him.

I have bought a new cup today to try in the morning – Munchkin 360 miracle cup 100% No Spills! Except that he has figured out how to sprinkle the water everywhere!

Does anyone have any advise, any bottles/sippy cups that you swear by.

Or kind words of “he’ll just get it in his own time.”

Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment